Carney Bates & Pulliam, PLLC, is a class action firm committed to holding corporations accountable for their actions – from tech companies, to consumer product manufacturers, to financial institutions. We regularly face the world’s largest entities, forcing settlements which have resulted in over a billion dollars for class members – and more when considering the value of altered business practices.
- Once a class action has been certified, attorneys for the Plaintiffs conduct a process called discovery.
- During this stage, they seek all relevant information relating to the case. For example, if the case is regarding unpaid wages or faulty products that were sold to consumers, they will review every single record of the putative class.
- Everyone will then receive notification in writing of the class action. This can be either via regular mail or email. The notification is required to include:
- The reason for the class action
- Who is considered a member of the certified class
- The lawsuit claims and possible defenses
- The effect of the Court ruling in favor of the class
- FRCP 23 requires attorneys to conduct a reasonable effort to find all class members. It’s for this reason that, in some cases, you may see public advertisements of the class action.
- Once you have been notified of the existence of a class action, you will then have several options including: proceeding as a member of the class, opting-out of the class action, and retaining your own attorney.
Benefits of joining a class action lawsuit:
- You won’t have to worry about finding an attorney to represent you individually (unless you want to).
- You won’t have to worry about taking time off work to participate in litigation.
- Your interests will be as protected as much as those of the class representatives.
- You will be notified in writing of the status of the case, without you having to reach out for information.
(888) 551-9944 TOLL FREE
If you would like to learn more about our data privacy litigation group, or if you have a claim you would like us to investigate, we invite you to contact us at email@example.com or call our offices at (888) 551-9944.